Before looking in detail at all the features of the asus motherboard, you need to find out on which processor your computer operates – Intel or AMD. It depends on the parameters that must be equipped with your motherboard and, above all, the type of socket connector.
Are There Any Differences between Gaming and Regular Motherboards: Gamer’s Note
The determining factor in choosing a motherboard can be called the purpose of a computer device. Yes, completely different requirements (and the price of the motherboard largely depends on them) will be presented to computers for:
- business and office work;
- home use;
- solving game problems.
This means that the separate purchase of the motherboard is usually associated with the need to change (optimize) certain parameters of technology. For example, if you’re interested in a motherboard for the Asus gaming computer, then most likely it’s about maximizing the performance of the equipment, and if you’re looking for a model for the office, then you probably just need to reduce PC noise.
To choose a motherboard that is suitable for a powerful gaming personal computer, you need to know what its characteristics are crucial. Comfortable operation of the gaming PC is possible provided you choose a board with:
- The most relevant connector for the CPU. It is important that the model range of processors for the socket, which is equipped with the motherboard, was diverse and constantly updated.
- Innovative chipset. The priority is new products from AMD and Intel, as well as platforms for which regular updates will continue to be released in the future.
- Connectors for connecting drives. Connecting an additional SSD significantly expands the capabilities of the gaming PC.
- Adjustable backlight. Stylish lighting enhances the effect of full immersion during the game.
The Difference between Printed Circuit Boards for Gaming and Office PCs
Motherboards presented in the category “Hardware for gaming PCs” differ from conventional boards in several respects:
- Firstly, they are made exclusively on the basis of modern chipsets and are equipped with current processor connectors (sockets).
- Secondly, the design of gaming boards provides ports for connecting several video cards;
- Thirdly, gaming motherboards are equipped with interfaces for connecting solid-state drives, cooling system components, and installing at least 2 fourth-generation RAM strips.
- Fourth, many models of gaming cards are equipped with Wi-Fi antenna mounts and support wireless interfaces.
Boards from different price categories are available to order in our online store. The catalog presents both budget and premium developments of top brands. To find the best solution for gaming on ultra-settings, you should compare your favorite models of boards, analyze the reviews to them and study the reviews available on the site and on the Internet.
Despite the stable set of modules, motherboards can vary in size, mounting location, and location of elements, which determines their specification. The most popular device standards today are ATX, micro-ATX, mini-ITX.
When choosing a device, keep in mind that the motherboard for the PC will be significantly different from the model for the laptop, which in order to reduce the size also integrates additional peripherals.